Beautiful Easter Painting Activity
This post contains affiliate links.
Our kids have so so so many questions about the Easter story. I definitely feel overwhelmed as a parent trying to explain things like sin, forgiveness, resurrection and redemption to my children, who are all under the age of 6. But somehow by the grace of God they are getting it.
As we spent our morning painting Easter crosses, I was reminded of how blessed we are.
Matthew 28:6 He is not here, for he has risen.
Watercolor Resist Easter Cross
This Easter cross painting activity is so fun, and easy enough for kids just about any age. You can be as simple or creative as you want with the design. They also make great gifts for family members!
What you’ll need:
- White card stock or thick paper
- Scotch tape
- White crayon
- Tape a cross shape onto the paper.
- Write and draw designs with a white crayon.
- Example: He Is Risen, Happy Easter, He is Alive, Jesus Saves
- Paint the entire paper with watercolors and watch the designs appear!
- No need to remove the tape. Wipe any excess paint from the tape with a damp paper towel.
We are always working on new activities and resources to help parents teach their toddlers the truths of the Bible. For weekly activities like this sent straight to your inbox, sign up for our email list. When you subscribe you’ll also receive the first lesson plan of our Toddler Bible Curriculum for FREE!
Love this activity? Share it on Pinterest and Facebook! You can also post pictures of your child’s designs on our Facebook Page: Tricky Toddlers Community.